It was lovely to see work done by two members from Marlborough Embroidery Guild among the entries for the Embroiderers’ Guild Members’ Challenge 2014-5 Competition.
All the entries were on show at Sewing for Pleasure, Fashion Embroidery and Stitch Exhibition at the NEC Birmingham this week. The Challenge competition was entitled "All That Glistens".
Congratulations go to Ann Kingdon for Leaping Carp. Skilfully stitched, the fish truly glistens in a whirl of moving water. This delightful embroidery received a Highly Commended, Val Cambell-Harding Machine Embroidery Award.
These pieces together with the rest of the Member's Challenge 2014-15 competition entries will be on show at:
* EXEL London 27-29 March - winning entries plus other space permitting
* 11 April at the Guild AGM in Birmingham - all winners plus Highly Commended
* 7-11 October at Knitting & Stitching Show, Alexandra Palace - to be confirmed
* 26-29 November at Knitting & Stitching Show, Harrogate - to be confirmed
Report by Chris Cook
Information in this blog is provided by branch members who have attended the meeting, workshop or event.
Marlborough & District Branch is a member of the Embroiderers' Guild, the UK's leading crafts association
* The Embroiderers' Guild website -https://embroiderersguild.com/
* The Guild Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/embroiderersguild/
* The Guild Pinterest pages - https://uk.pinterest.com/theembroiderers/
design by chrisse